Wednesday, July 2, 2014

She made it to Peru!


Clair made it to the Peru MTC after a long travel day.  She left Calgary at 7am and had a long, 6+ hour layover in Dallas.  Her flight to Peru was almost 7 hours.  She said there were 10 elders on her flight and only one of them is going to Chiclayo, the rest are going to Arequipa, which is south of Lima.  She is in the same room with 5 other sisters, 2 of whom she has become friends with via Facebook over the past few months; Sister Rasmussen and Sister Monson.  Her companion is Sister Davies who is going to Arequipa.  The other two sisters are natives who are only at the MTC for 2 weeks.  

These are her words, "I am still shocked I am here. It is very humid, I feel it on my papers and just on my body too. I love you all and I need to go! I am so glad I made it safe.  This is an adventure and it's awesome!"

So the mission has officially begun.  We look forward to hearing from her on her p'days, which she doesn't know when they'll be yet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment