Monday, September 1, 2014

Missing Canada?

We spent 1 morning with the president and his wife this week for another pensionista training. We have 3 more trainings and then that will be all so we don't spend too much time with them. We did have the 6 hours and the 3 days in Cajamarca with the AP's and they're cool. Elder Latin is finishing in 3 weeks too. His spanish is perfect and talks like a latino ahaha but then at other times he seems so immature and silly. His companion, Elder Noriega, is so great. He's so humble and shy and has a strong testimony. He's one of the only missionaries learning english. He's awesome. 

This week we asked an investigator to accept a Book of Mormon and she politely turned it down and we are no longer visiting her.

Flor and Alex are my favorites.  We taught them the plan of salvation and they brought up the movie Heaven is for Real.  Since my comp doesn't know it, I got to teach most of the lesson and talk about the movie and it was awesome. 

There is a family, the Culkeys. She's widowed and has 3 daughters. The oldest 2 served missions. The oldest has one daughter and lives here, no longer with the father of her daughter. The middle is married with 2 teenage girls, 17 and 15, that live in TORONTO and they've been here visiting for the summer. We visited with them so many times. None of Sister Culkey's daughters are members and so we taught a little and made friends. We went to say bye before they went back to Canada and I cried! She was wearing the same grey Roots sweats I have with a black v-neck. She obviously speaks fluent english and hardly any spanish, like me. Her name is Alexandra. I was just so aware that she was going back home to Canada to have Tim Hortons and speak english and watch tv and use her iphone and be a teenager who speaks english who has friends that speak english.  They had become my sisters and the whole family is just so loving and I just cried. It was cool to meet them and everything and we are continuing to try to reactivate the oldest daughter, Susana, and her daughter. 

This internet cafe doesn't have a place for me to download photos so I can't and I don't like it. I will learn eventually though. I can send home my chip eventually too. I wish I could send you photos. 
I love you all so much and my favorite thing to study this week was Joseph Smith history. Read it! It's amazing! He's kind of funny. hahaha

I love you
Hermana Pilling


Oh and my name is impossible for them. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment