Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wowzers Time Flies

Happy birthday again Mama. It was the birthday of this neighborhood that I am in and you turned FOURTY-TWO too. How crazy is that? The same age. I thought of you a lot and I have some cute pictures but you probably won't get them til Christmas.  Sorry. 

Okay, so Tuesday an elder from our mission passed away. We haven't heard anything from our leaders only from the members and it was in the newspapers. He had 10 months in the mission and is 19 from Argentina. We have heard it was an aneurism. It's super sad and I haven't stopped thinking of Uncle Dean and well so many things. So sad. He will be a forever missionary.
 
We have a date for a baptism but it isn't super for sure. She is a little flakey. We will see how it goes. 
On October 9th we had exchanges and it was my first one. I was really nervous. I was with Sister Larsen from Highland Utah. She is a very soft spoken sweetheart. It was very interesting to see how every missionary is different. Even though we are in the same mission and have the same rules, she was still very different from my other 3 companions. I am learning a lot and focusing on the type of missionary I want to be. 

We were able to watch Saturday's conference in English! Yay! And Sunday's in spanish and I understood! Yay! My top 1 from every session: Lynn G. Robbins,  Jorge Kelhingat, the Prophet, and Carlos A. Godoy. hahaha. It was all so absolutely amazing and I felt the spirit and I thought of my investigators and it was amazing. As always. Oh and we had 2 of our best investigators with us Sunday afternoon when Elder Bednar spoke to investigators! How cool?! 

I love the mission and I love the Lord. 

My gratitude list|: 
My companions. Clean water to drink. Hot water for our shower.  My family.  President and Sister Williams (I miss them.  I hardly see them now). Rice.  Skirts. My plaque.  My calling.  Peruvians.  Laughter. My hair.  A bed.   Jesus Christ.  The Prophet.  Turtles. Cockroaches.  Friends.  Spanish.  You.  Email. 
I love you all and I'm out!

Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment