Monday, November 10, 2014

Shrimp Soup and Cat Calls

Hola familia! Como esta? Espero que todo sea bien y que ustedes estan pensando en mi siempre. 
Okay that's my bad spanish.... I promise I can speak spanish well... 

So this letter will be all over but I have some things I want to say. 

Wednesday we had shrimp soup with full on shrimp. The only part missing was a part of the head. Everything was still attached and gross and nasty.  Then we also had tuna from a jar which wasn't as nasty but still pretty gross and fishy. Man...  I LOVE THE FOOD HERE.... not. 

Also, I would like your approval everyone, to help calm down the creepy men who whistle at me on the streets.  I thought I would dye my hair a little more brown so I looked a tad bit more Peruvian.... thoughts? 

We have been walking on average 1.5 miles more everyday now that I am done my training and we have an extra hour of proselyting time.  I know it doesn't seem like much more but I feel it.  One day this week we walked 8 miles.  Which also isn't that much but before the average was 4.5 miles.. so we are walking a lot and I am tired always. hahaha  My journal entries are pretty funny, especially when I fall asleep at the desk.  I am writing details about my lessons and investigators though, don't you worry. 

The members here that are endowed think that they have to wear shorts and a t-shirt to the beach. And they go to the beach... and they just swim like that.  Wow.  I am not Peruvian for sure because I will never do that!! Crazy people.. 

Tuesday was bang bang bang.  Everyone was home and we had great lessons and lots of them and then Wednesday was the exact opposite. How sad!  It was pretty hard to motivate myself but I tried my best and prayed really hard. 

I am learning a lot about the plan of salvation.  In True To The Faith under millenium... well the whole thing is just cool.  I'am asking my companion and President Williams lots of questions and find myself sitting and pondering the plan of salvation.  I have concluded that I'm going to learn more about that lesson than the others.  The lesson on the restoration is easy for me.  I feel like I could answer any question about that.  But the plan of salvation just has sooooooo much! I love learning!!!!!!!!!


So on Thursday we had zone meeting and I got a letter from Aunt Keri and from my FAMILY and from Tyler. Thank you all so much!  Family, Cale and Joe, your letters were so so poetic. Going off about the #21 and about pen ink. They were super great. Mom, I talked about your letter probably 5 times since then about how the world is getting crazier and we're getting farther way, or vice versa. and then Daddy, you gave me advice.  Your one-liners are so great.  Also your joke about James was slightly uncalled for-I am a missionary, remember? hahaha.  I didn't know little James broke his collarbone.  Anyways. Dad said you are always one contact away from a great teaching opportunity. We were walking back from a lesson and I turned and stopped to knock on a door, really random. We contacted them and he invited us in and we had a lesson  We ended up talking about the Family a Proclamation for the World and they were really interested in eternal families.  They were super grateful for our lesson and I am so excited to go back and see if they are going to progress.  Even if they don't, it was a testimony builder to me that DAD IS ALWAYS RIGHT. hahaha.  I love the family and the opportunity to use the proclamation so much as a missionary.  The family is super important and eternal families are a huge part of my testimony!

That's my random letter.

All my love!
Les amo bastante,

Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment