Monday, July 13, 2015

A Broken Toe...

So I don't really know what to say. This week was not good for me. It was weird. 
We made pizzas with Guillermo and Jayde on Tuesday and then didn't see them until Sunday.  I missed them so much! Seeing them was a good reminder of the good I have done here because I have been feeling useless. But they both have callings and they are both happy.  They are so eager to go to the temple to do baptisms and also to be sealed in one year. I am so excited for them and this new life. On Sunday when we went and visited them and their oldest daughter, Jeidi, and she was completely interested and wants us to bring her a Book of Mormon!

Homemade pizza with Guillermo and Sister Wood

So, story about how I broke my toe. On Saturday we had the baptism and us 4 girls sang I Like to Look for Rainbows and He Sent His Son, both primary songs, and it was really great.  After the baptism we ate dinner and went to the ward mission night activity. They are called Noche misional. So ya.  The ward mission leader started and shared a scripture and kept talking because the Elders were supposed to come with a video. We called and they weren't actually going to be coming, so we scrambled to get a video going but while they were hooking up the speakers, I was elected to do the half time show entertainment (as I would like to call it). So I was like, fake dancing... like going up on my toes with my arms in the air and little ballet leaps all really funny and everyone was laughing. Then my comp made a comment about my crazy bendy feet and of course everyone wanted to see. So I took off my shoes and did that thing where I walk on the knuckles of my toes, you know?  Everyone was shocked and they all took pictures and stuff.  Then we sat down and watched the video.. it was really good.  It was about the atonement and we talked shortly about that and then we ate the snack. Everyone asked me again if I could go on the point of my toes and walk, and I said no.  They begged me to try with my shoes on. So I did. And I went like 2 steps and then the third step I heard a LOUD CRACK and stumbled and sat down.  Shooting pain and a constant throbbing and it is broken! So that is fun. Hermana Williams just told me to try not to walk on it too much and take mototaxis when possible. So I will be doing that. But DON'T WORRY. I DON'T HAVE TO COME HOME. hahaha. hallelujah. 

Anyways, I have cambios and I am ready. This week was really tough and this companionship was great but the Canadian Dynamic Duo just needs a break I guess. I am so nervous for this cambio, I don't know why. Please be praying for me in my new area and with my new comp. I love you all and I promise to write better next week!

The Church is true. The Book of Mormon changes lives. I love my Father in Heaven so much. Prayer has saved me during my mission. 


Love,
Hermana Pilling

The district that is no more

Saying good-bye to Julia


Us sistas

No comments:

Post a Comment