Monday, July 13, 2015

Families Can be Together Forever

I have been studying a Chirstlike attribute ever day. These are the ones I've been studying: diligence, hope, charity, patience, humility, and faith.  I also love these two quotes:
President Monson said, "as we enter through the doors of the temple we leave behind us the distractions and confusion of the world.  Inside this sanctuary we find beauty and order.  There is rest for our souls and a respite from the cares of our lives... the blessings of the temple are priceless."

Elder Teixeira said in his talk Seeking the Lord, "The more we understand the extraordinary role of Jesus Christ in our lives, the more conscious we become of our purpose here in mortality, which is TO HAVE JOY."   

Okay, this week we were teaching Miluska, this girl we spoke of last week, and we were watching the video of the restoration.  It was all good and quiet and then right as Joseph Smith is about to read James 1:5 there is a knock on the door.  It was none other than the Jehovahs Witnesses. Of course. Every single time in my whole mission there is something that happens or distracts or interrupts when we watch that video. Satan knows. 

We taught Nancy one more time before she went off to her home, 24 hours in bus away. So sad. But it was a good last lesson to encourage her to keep going to church and stuff. 

Friday morning we went to the church for Jayde's interview. She passed!

Saturday was the baptism. Jayde came in her nice blouse and it was very modest and in pants, (we are working on the skirt thing) and she looked so great. She and her husband changed into their white clothing and it was so cool to see them together in white. I loved every second. The 4 of us sisters sang I Love to See the Temple and Families Can Be Together Forever.  Hermana Wood cried and it was just so great because their 2 daughters were there and they cried and felt the spirit.  Jayde testified saying her next goal is a temple marriage in Trujillo. I love this family so much and I have no more time but I love the mission. I love the joy of the gospel. I love my companion and it is possible that I have cambios next week. I don't want to. But God knows what I need.


Jayde's Baptism!

Jayde and Guillermo.  I love these two.


Love you and miss you all!


Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment