Monday, August 10, 2015

The little things make the foundation

Another great week in the mission field! We are teaching a less active named Casilda. She actually isn't found on the church records because she got baptized here 20 years ago and instantly moved to Lima, but we contacted her and we are teaching her! She is amazing! She reads her Book of Mormon for 15 minutes in the morning before opening her mattress store. She loves the Book of Mormon and has a very strong testimony of the restoration, which I think will make it easy to rescue her. 

We also taught Mary this week, a friend of Casilda´s who is an investigator. She told us at the end of the lesson about her HARD life and cried and we had the opportunity to promise her the blessings of the restored gospel and the joy we feel when Christ is the biggest part of our lives. She ended by saying, "I don't think it is a coincidence that you guys are here right now with me". I love the gospel! I love the spirit!

It poured rain on Wednesday for like... 40 minutes and because everything is on a hill, it comes rushing down and it was fun! We were preaching the gospel and literally walking through puddles past my ankles. I LOVED it. Just another adventure here in Peru!

We had zone training on Friday and we talked all about faith and how if we as a mission have faithful prayers and work dilligently, we can have a baptism every week. I realized I don't always have a lot of faith. It was hard for me, but there is always room to improve. We are going to learn a lot about faith this month. The talks we got from Elder Bednar are all about faith. One of those being, "Seek Learning by Faith", which you (Mom) have sent me 3 times already during my mission. The other is "Ask in Faith", and another one about conversion. Also the talk "Beware of Pride". I am so excited. 

We found out that we will be traveling to Chiclayo this week! Wednesday and Thursday we are there for our multi-zone training conference. I am so so so excited to travel and to hear more from president. Every moment with him is fantastic.  In our multi-zone we talked about... "it takes true intelligence for a man to take a subject that is mysterious and great in itself and to unfold and simplify it so that a child can understand it" (from preach my gospel). So each companionship was assigned a topic and we had to share an object lesson or an example we use when we teach.  My comp and I won the most creative for an example I use to teach the restoration. It was pretty sweet. I love using examples and objects to help teach. 

Also, the talk Reaping the Rewards of Righteousness by Elder Cook in the Liahona was amazing.   
"No good thing will be withheld from them that walk uprightly". What a comforting sentence to read.

This week I was really grateful for every little principle of the gospel. The little things make the foundation of my testimony rock solid to face the storms of life and the storms of my mission. 

Love you all!... and I love avocado.

Love,

Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment