Monday, October 12, 2015

Your Attitude is Everything

Goodbyes in Jaen are awful because it is the last goodbye. In Chiclayo you at least have the hope to see people again, like at the airport and stuff like that. But Jaen is official. I sobbed like a baby and I forgot that Hermana Avila wasn't coming with me so I didn't hug her and then she yelled, "Don't forget about your daughter!" and I started crying even harder! I didn't think I would ever see her again and that is sad. She is seriously my best friend and I love her so much! Anyways, those goodbyes made it just that much more real that I will have to say those goodbyes again in 10 weeks or something like that. I don't want to leave Peru. 
I spent the night in San Felipe when I first got here. It is always great to see Hermana Wood and my pensionista there. It brings back so many memories!



Hermana Wood


So we got to the change meeting and they show all the newbies first. There is a sister from Hawaii and one from California but her family is from Samoa and then 3 others. Well one of them, Hermana Butterfield from Bountiful Utah, is in Jaen.  She is my granddaughter. Hermana Avila is training! I can't even explain the excitement I felt when Hermana Avila's picture showed up! That is so exciting.
Okay, well everyone was called and I was the only one left. So before they even said my name I stood up and they made a joke about saving the Canadians for last... anyways. I am here in the zone La Victoria, area La Victoria and my companion is Hermana Guillèn from Ecuador. We have been called as Sister Training Leaders! She got to Chilcayo with me but because I was in the MTC longer she goes home in February. She is 24 years old and she is tall. 

Hermana Guillen

As sister Leaders we go to the leadership training meeting every month with President and Sister Williams and the assistants. We also have to do exchanges with our assigned sisters. We have been assigned 5 companionships of sisters and they belong to 3 zones, one is a little far away, so we are still trying to figure out how to plan out all of those but I am looking forward to the opportunity to learn from so many sisters.

Here in the area there isn't very much going on. I love our pensionista, but every one of my pensionistas has been very different. So ya. 

My ponderize scripture for last week was Alma 36:3 and for this week it is Mosiah 4:9. Feel free to join me as we ponderize these scriptures.

It is so cold here in Chiclayo. I am sure you have now looked at the temperature and think I am crazy but I am honestly so cold always. Holy cow. I don't know what I will do when I get home and there is snow on the ground. 

One "lesson of a lifetime" I have learned during my mission is:
Your attitude is everything. your attitude towards the mission, your companion, your area, the leaders, trials, family members, teachers, friends, school. Everything! I have seen the changes in the outcome of every day as I change my attitude to be more positive. I am so grateful for naturally being a positive person, just like my daddy, and I have seen the blessings of that. Enjoy the moment, find joy in the journey, be happy, smily, giggle, laugh.  Life is good. 

Love you all!

Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment