Monday, October 5, 2015

Feeling Blessed

Well, I don't have any time and I don't remember what happened the beginning of the week. Friday we went and said bye to Hermana Waite. I sobbed. It just got real that missions end and mine is getting closer. Also, Hermana Hebdon has been with us since Thursday because she needed a companion! So it was a little crazy Friday. Saturday morning the zone leaders called us and told me I have transfers. So so sad. I teared up a little but then he cheated and somehow knew that I am going to Chiclayo and that made me happy. I don't know. Cambios have always been tough, I don't like goodbyes, but as soon as I am officially with my new companion I feel so much peace. I know that each companion and each area has been for my personal growth and has shaped me has a missionary. I love it!
Sis Waite is done her mission.  Goodbyes are hard.

Diego
I absolutely loved general conference. I applied the counsel of Elder Bednar from September and listened to what wasn't spoken and I learned so much from the spirit. Saturday night we taught Sharon, this 18 year old girl. She accepted a date to be baptized the 17th of October! I am so excited for her, she is such a sweetheart with a huge testimony. She was sad when we told her I won't be there but I am just happy she is so eager to make the necessary changes to be able to live with her Father in Heaven again. 

Sunday morning we weren't able to watch in English. I know I understand spanish completely but it is different. So I was a little bummed but after, I reread my notes and they were allllll in english. The spirit spoke to me in english and I learned so much. After the Sunday afternoon session I went to say bye to a family. I don't like goodbyes! And this family has been so amazing during my 2 1/2 months here.  I took so many pics and I am hoping to send them all. 

After all is said and done, I feel very blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints with modern revelation and a living prophet. I testify that the 3 new apostles are called of God. Elder Stevenson came to Chiclayo with Elder Bednar and that is pretty cool. 

I am going to miss Hermana Avila so much. She is my best friend and I have grown so close to her. One bad thing about having a latina is that the possiblities of us seeing each other again are very low, and I am saddened by that. But I know she will always be my ¨daughter¨. 

Here is to new things!

Love you all!
Hermana Pilling
Hermana Avila and I.  Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment