Monday, April 20, 2015

Change

The mission has changed me and I've changed my mission. 

Monday I wrote early because we went to Las Musas and took photos. We didn't know what else to do so we found this cute little restaurant and were thinking about ordering sandwiches or something. We were looking at the menu and THEY HAD HOMEMADE OREO MILKSHAKES! So that was our lunch and it was delicious. 9 months without that deliciousness is alllllooooonnnnggggggg time. 

Las Musas


Sister Leaders at Stake Conference

"The" Milkshake


Tuesday our invetsigator Sonia started off the lesson by telling us that she just wants to make sure she is really sure when she gets baptized. We didn't even ask her about what she thought about baptism! It was great :)

Wednesday we met with Sonia again. We asked her if she is praying to know if Joseph Smith is a prophet and she said, "Well of course he is. You guys say he is a prophet and prophets teach the gospel and so ya it's all true." She is reallllly believing. We tried a few times to explain that people that say there is no god obviously aren't teaching the truth and a BUNCH of other examples and basically she is also really stubborn. So just when I was feeling hopeless, my companion and I had the same thought at the same moment to watch the restoration movie. So we pulled it out, watched it, felt the spirit and it ended. Hermana Sonia said, "Wow. I really have to pray don't I? I need to pray a lot too, with faith." IT WAS AMAZING. Such a turn around. And so spiritual. And so great!  
We also had interviews. President and Hermana Williams are so so fantastic. President was talking about other missionaries and said, "For example, like my wife. She has always had low self esteem and I just don't get it|! I look at myself and I say, I am pretty darn great!" I started crying and laughing and crying and he waited and then I explained that those are literal words I have heard come out of my daddy's mouth and my own and my brothers and how it is always great to talk to president. It was so great.

Thursday we visited America and Jorge. Can I just say that this week my com and I realized that Jorge, George, has a very American name. And his wife's name is America. But also! JORGE LOOKS LIKE OBAMA! it is the craziest thing ever. Anyways, we visited them and they are so great. They ended up coming to church with their 2 kids, Jorge and Carlos, and they are progressing too. Just a little tad bit slower. 

Friday we visited Guillermo who is probably the most perfect investigator I have ever had. He is always home, he comes to church, he reads the Book of Mormon, he doesn't have any big addiction or problem (that we know of) and he is getting baptized on the 9th! Hopefully! hahaha He was telling us a story about work and how he had to go out on a night at like 2 AM because they are trying to catch these fishermen that are selling fish that are under the limit and it suddenly occurred to me that I am teaching a fish police!!!!!!!!!! hahahahha He is doing really great and his lessons are always so spiritual. Every day we visit him I see more light in his eyes. 

Saturday I was tired. And no one was home. And it was really hot out. And I didn't ever complain out loud but I was in my head. But luckily I have been blessed with a super understanding, loving, great companion who asked questions and kept me distracted from the suffering of probably my longest day in the mission. She is so so great. 

Sunday we had stake conference! And also WE DON'T HAVE CAMBIOS. We didn't really think we would. This transfer was the quickest transfer of my life. Everything is just so happy and I love my companion and I love my investigators and I love the work. 

So about the whole "the misison has changed me". I was reading this morning in Luke 14 in the bible the cost we pay to be disciples of Christ.  I just want to be better and I know that if I focus on Christ I will have more success and if I focus on Christ, other's will want to come unto him. I love my Savior and I love his work. 

Until next week,

Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment