Monday, September 21, 2015

Peruvian Pancakes and Scripture Stories

Hi Everyone,

Last monday we made ¨Peruvian pancakes¨ which are really just crepes and they are delicious. I learned how to flip a crepe just with the pan. You know what I mean right? Then we went to the Peruvian version of the Calgary Stampede hahaha.  It was lame though. We can't go on the rides either so that was just torture for me since you know how much I love rides!

Ever since our multi-zone meeting when President said we need to be anxiously engaged and involved in our meetings, our district meetings have been so much more meaningful for me! I don't care what other missionaries, like the zone leaders, will think about my silly questions or my grammar mistakes and I just try my best to get the most out of every meeting we have. This week we talked about using the scriptures and it was really fun. I have learned so much about the scripture stories and where certain scriptures are and the doctrine and meaning behind scriptures. I love the scriptures so much and I am learning how to study and get the most out of their powerful and inspired words.

I'm sure you have heard about the earthquake in Chile. Don't worry, my companion´s family is okay. She is from the south and the earthquake was in the north but it is still sad. It was a pretty strong one. I will have you know that the earthquake in Chile in 2010 was in her city. Hermana Avila lived through it and from the little stories she shares with me it sounds like it was awful. She is my hero and I love her.

In our talent show this is what we did. As you can see in the pic my head is there and from behind I am moving the hands and my companion is moving my feet and we danced to some music with the elders and our mission leader. It was SO FUN. I love seeing members laugh and enjoy themselves. 
We did service this week! After the talent show, Hermana said we were her little angles and that we helped her so much. I love looking for service. It is something that my companion has really taught me. She is always aware and has so much love and is willing to help EVERYONE.




I am re-reading my journal right? And I am reading in March and I was thinking a lot about that time in my mission when I was still in 9 de Octubre. Over the course of these 15 months I have noticed that daily scripture study, not just reading, and sincere personal prayers help us become more Christlike. It is through these simple things that we learn about Christ, our perfect example, and learn about our own personal weaknesses to be able to grow more like Him. I am constantly thinking of Him and more aware of His example. I often find myself thinking, ¨What would Jesus do?¨

Well, I love you all and I am so grateful for the atonement and for my Saviour. It is only through His sacrifice and His grace that I am able to overcome my weaknesses and start fresh every week. What would I do without my Saviour and Redeemer Jesus Christ?

Love,

Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment