Monday, November 9, 2015

Families Can Be Together Forever

Hola mis queridos amigos!

I love Spanish with all my heart.

Tuesday we had our leadership training meeting and it was fantastic! I loved it so much! Hermana Williams talked about Tithing and how the greatest blessing we receive from paying an honest tithe is that we can go to the temple. It is one of the greatest impediments, is that a word? That keeps people from having a temple recommend. So when we pay, we are worthy to receive our recommends and attend the house of the Lord. We are also paying to help in the construction of temples which is pretty sweet too. Everything I have is from God and that 10% is NOTHING. I just love Hermana Williams. She shared personal experiences and she is an amazing example. 

President taught a couple things that just made me think of my daddy and growing up. 
#1: I listen and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. 
#2: Do your VERY best
#3: Good. Better. Best.
#4: Testify and wait. 

The whole time I felt like he was talking directly to me and I felt like I was listening to my dad. It was awesome. I felt the spirit so strong. 

Wednesday was THE fastest day of my life and I don't know why. 

Thursday I studied a little bit about the atonement and I read a talk from an Elder James E. Faust, The Atonement:  Our Greatest Hope.  He quoted President Hinckley when he shares a "parable" about the atonement and at some point a little boy says, "I will love you forever for taking my licking for me. I will love you forever". Well I read that and thought about my Saviour and his atonement and I cried. I am just so grateful for Him and what he sacrificed for me and for every one of us. What a blessing. He really does love me. 

Friday we had our zone meeting. It was okay. Our zone seems to be a little discouraged. I tried my best to be me and to smile and change things but things are just really slow. I don't know why. 

Saturday we had another meeting with Chiclayo Peru zone and it was great! It was awesome! haha. It was interesting to see the difference in the two zones. That night the elders in our ward had a baptism and the elders asked us to sing. We sang come thou fount. Everything was perfect. Honestly, one of the best baptismal services I have ever been too. 

Sunday was a great Sunday. One of the best I have had in a long time. I enjoyed it. my comp and I had some really great conversations. 

Lesson of a lifetime for this week is: Families can be together forever. 
The guy that got baptized is young, 24, and his wife is a member and they have a little boy and he testified about the temple and shared his desire to be sealed to his wife and his son for the eternities. This is a truth in the gospel that brings us so much hope! I have seen marriages and families change as an eternal family becomes their goal and their motivation. Jayde and Guillermo are the first people that pop into my head. I am so grateful for being a part of their lives and helping them gain an understanding of the great plan. I have been far far away from my family and when I have felt sad I have been able to sing hymns or primary songs and remember that I will be with the Pillings forever and everything will be okay. Also, my desire to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity has increased. I am so grateful for temples and for the blessing they are to seal families here on earth and those that have passed on. 

Love you all!


Hermana Pilling





No comments:

Post a Comment