Monday, November 2, 2015

Grateful for life!

I am smiling from ear to ear. I have no words to express the joy I feel in this moment sitting on a crappy little plastic stool in a room full of computers and little gaming-addicted boys. I am so incredibly blessed to have family and friends who support me and write me, even if they only write me one time throughout my whole 18 months in Peru, hahahha. I am so grateful for my calling to serve here and for the plaque I have on my sweater right now. I am so grateful for LIFE!

Okay, now my week. It was super exciting. NOT. 

Monday we had a great FHE again with our pensionista and her family. We had 8 water bottles, 4 big ones and 4 little ones.  We had one of each of freezing ice cold, luke warm, boiling hot and empty. We blind folded everyone and then went out with the lights off. They all got on their hands and knees and they had to try to find the little boiling hot bottle. My companion and I were telling them where to go, but we weren't telling them the correct things. Well, the dad of the family, Jaison, found the little boiling hot bottle. The lesson was the apostasy and the importance of finding the correct church. They couldn't just look for it with their eyes but they had to FEEL it. 

That leads me to my lesson of a lifetime for this week. The Holy Ghost. I have learned how to recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I have learned He always talks in a language I am able to understand. I have learned that he guides and protects us and comforts us when we stand in need. I have learned that the confirmations I have FELT in my heart by the holy spirit that this church is true is enough. I don't need any more proof to be converted because the Holy Ghost has testified to my mind and to my heart that these things are completely true. And I am satisfied. The storms will come but they can't knock me down. 

We had intercambios this week and I stayed in my area and Sister Wood came with me! It was fun to be with her again. I could tell she has changed a lot as she has trained Hermana Kelly and she has improved as a missionary. She caught me up on all my favorite people in San Felipe. Jayde and Guillermo were able to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead for their parents. They came home with a bunch of things from the temple store like pictures of the temple and CTR rings and the photo of the prophet. They are doing really well and really focused on getting to the temple in July. I love them so much. 

We got locked out of our room and goliath, Elder Woolstenhulme, saved the day by climbing up and in through our window. We were stuck outside for 45 minutes. Ugh. And it was all my fault. hehe
I was able to face my fears this week. 
I also have been out here in this country for 16 months.  So crazy. 

Important -  I need to do my family history booklet. Attention everyone! I need the dates and places of birth of my aunts and uncles, parents, grandparents, and great grandparents and the death place and date if they have passed away. Also marriage date and place of my parents, grandparents and great grandparents.  Thanks a lot family for helping me out!


I love you all!

Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment