Monday, January 12, 2015

Tuesday Hermana McCally got sick with a stomach infection and was sick all night and day, so we stayed in.  I studied and read talks and studied and read more conference talks! 

Wednesday we went to the doctor where they told us it was a stomach infection and got some antibiotics for her and she is now on a strict diet.  I listen to my music and I am kind of sick of it. hahaha I started  getting bored but I tried not to waste time. We tried to go on divisions but we couldn't find 2 sisters to help us out. 

Thursday was more jail time in the room. hahaha I was full on crazy by this time. I would take the broom or something and perform with the Mormon Tabernacle choir and came up with a few dance moves too. hahahaha I hope you can all imagine me doing so. 

Friday we had our zone training. It was a "motivating for the new year, lets be better" meeting and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I got a letter from Tyler and one from Sister Sherilee Cameron from the stake young women's. Wow hey? So kind and thoughtful. 

We had a super cool lesson with a less active on Saturday, Eliza. Her brother has left the church and gone anti and attends at the MMM church.  We contacted her one day and she invited us over. So we went and talked to her.  She's about 45, and her daughter was there too who's 22.  We talked about their story! I love asking people about their conversion stories, especially the less actives to help them remember how special the experience was for them.  We talked about that and then reviewed lesson 1 and really focused on Joseph Smith.  Eliza seemed to be really thinking after I talked about the first vision so I asked what she was thinking and she said, "I just wonder what it would be like to get an answer like that from God".  We talked about that for a little bit. Then towards the end of the lesson she started to tear up and told us how the gospel CHANGED her life. It was so cool. She talked about her smoking and drinking habits and how she studied her scriptures every day and then one day she tried to smoke and her body reacted badly and she was sick and everything! Just like with Ming in the District videos! hahahaa She shared her testimony about the Atonement and it was so so so so cool. It was a really cool lesson. We are excited to start working with her and helping her out. 

Sunday we got kicked out of our district. Our district is 10 people and we got kicked out and we are in a new district now. It's really sad. I've been in that district forever! But it's okay. My new district leader is hilarious. He is from Ecuador and from one of the tribes where they have traditions to grow out their hair.  He has hair to his hip that he puts in a pretty braid. I am actually really jealous of his hair. He's hilarious though! 

Now for my studies this week. I love the conference talks. So much. I was studying about the role of the spirit in conversion and read 2 Nephi 33:1 which talks about how the spirit will carry the truth to the hearts of your investigators.  Conversion is a change of heart! As it says in the bible dictionary: conversion: changing one's views in a conscious acceptance of the will of God. Conversion changes a natural man into a sanctified, born again, purified person. Complete conversion comes after many trials and much testing.

I love that! I think that our ward really lacks true conversion. Sometimes I have to ask myself if I am really truly converted (don't worry, I am). In the book "True to the Faith" it says that conversion comes from "the Savior's atonement and the power of the holy ghost" and I know that that is true! I am so grateful for the atonement and for the Holy Ghost and it's guidance in my life. I am so grateful for the scriptures which teach us of examples of conversion (like in Mosiah 27:25-26). I also studied 1 Cor 12:3. and about the importance of the spirit. I am trying really hard to work on having the spirit with me in my lessons and at all times! 

I showed my family picture album to a less active yesterday and she thought that grandma was my aunt and that Cale was older than me and that Chase was Peruvian. hahahahahaha

Love you all!
Enjoy the cold :) Enjoy the snow, which I miss so very much!

Love,

Hermana Pilling
Clair with her previous district... the one they just got kicked out of.

Not sure who this is, but I'm pretty sure she's not one of Clair's companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment