Monday, June 8, 2015

Canadian Companion

This week was so so so weird.  We felt odd and useless until we thought back at all the great lessons and experiences we had. 

President showed a video at the change meeting that is about the atonement and missionary work.  It's by Elder Holland and the video is great. It's been the one talk to motivate me during my mission.  It's just amazing.  I am so grateful for the atonement and I, as a missionary, need it more than you'd think.  I love it so much. 

Then President called Hermana Waite, and she got sent to JAEN where it is really hot but really green and I've just heard it is pretty.  Then they called a girl and she stood up and President said, "Zona Chiclayo Peru" and I instantly knew she was my new companion.  I started crying and jumped up and ran to her.  MY COMPANION IS SISTER WOOD FROM CARDSTON  ALBERTA CANADA!  Another gringa. hahaha It's funny because Dad was certain I was going to have my latina.  But ya no. I am so happy though. God really does know exactly what we need and with everything that happened last week on pday, I just know we were meant to be together.



Hermana Wood is so great. It's awesome not having to explain Banff or Waterton or anything Canadian and to hear someone else say washroom or parkade. hahaha She is also so outgoing. She knows the investigators and she talks and is super friendly with them and I just love it!  We are a powerful teaching team. I am so excited for this transfer.

We sang Come Thou Fount in spanish at the baptism with the other sisters and it's so pretty. Here are the words in spanish for anyone that can understand them. It's prettier in spanish than in english.  Its meaning is a little different. 

"Fuente de mis bendiciones, ven y afina el corazon 
compasion que nunca cesa, engendra mi cancion. 
un soneto enseñame por la lengua celestial
hazme firme en tu monte, eterno manantial.

Mi voz levatare por tu ayuda al llegar, 
y seguro en tus brazos morare en tu hogar
errante yo estaba y jesus me encontro
con su sangre derramada del dolor me rescato.

Mecesito que me ligues a tu vida celestial
este corazon errante se apronta a desviar
y me alejo yo lo siento abandono a mi dios
tomame mi corazon y a tu monte sellalo.

I didn't put all the accent things in, sorry. But the lyrics seriously saved me this week. I love them soooo much.

Guillermo blessed the sacrament this week. It was perfect. 

We ate lasagna and apple pie with our ward mission leader and his family on Saturday. It was delicious.

I love the mission so much and I feel so motivated and so eager. I have so little time left and I owe so much to my saviour. I am so grateful for all your prayers.  I really felt them this week. 

Love,
Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment