Monday, March 30, 2015

Half Way!

We have some investigators that are just great. they are all really new, we just barely finished lesson one, but they have the Book of Mormon and they just seem to be eating it right up! There are quite a few, I'll write each of them.

Sonia- a 37 year old single girl who so desperately needs the gospel to understand Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and their grand role in our lives. 

America and Jorge- a cute couple in their 50's with 2 sons, 16 and 14. America is evangelist (is that right in english) and Jorge, well I don't know, but they have 3 pet birds that just hang out in the house and fly around.  They are trained to poop in their "room" though, so it's pretty sweet. They also have a turtle named Lucas.

Maria Manay- a 60 year old catholic school principal who feels that the catholic church is missing truths in many ways and wants to find the truth. 

Guillermo- a 60 year old man who's married, but his wife isn't AS interested.  He has to measure fish to make sure people aren't catching the ones that are too small. It's pretty cool. I know all about the size restrictions. He is REALLY smart though and loves to read. He reminds me of Paka with all his random history facts. He comes to church at like 7:50 every week and reads the hymns and participates and it is AWESOME. 

The Monja family is amazing. They have 4 kids, 2 girls and 2 boys and the dad is stake president. They have references for us every week. So amazing! The daughter, Ana Paula, accompanied us this week and was telling us a little about their family. Eduardo, the 17 year old, and oldest, is getting ready to leave for his mission in December and Ana Paula said sometimes the family will just cry thinking about him leaving and they just love each other and the gospel so much. It reminds me of home. :) Remember when I prayed and I said something about the family and started crying and stuff one night at dinner? ya... I miss you guys.

So I have been out 9 months! Well, Wednesday will be 9 months!  I know that MY mission is MY mission. It has all happened how it is supposed to and God has taught me so much with each companion, each investigator, member, lesson, meeting and just anything. I know that God listens to my prayers. I have cried to the Lord for help many times and I know that that is when He listens most. He loves me and is ALWAYS there for me. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. If we didn't have this book the Church wouldn't be anything special. I am so grateful for the fullness of the gospel in my life and for the spiritual, mental, emotional growth I have experienced so far and I am looking forward to the next 9 months!

Whoa, exactly 9 months from today I will be at home. Whoa. 

Well, enjoy general conference! I can't wait to hear what the Prophet and Apostles have to say to us. 

Happy Easter!


Hermana Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment